Tuesday, March 13, 2012

April edition of EdTech Faces now available

I was talking with EdTech grad Lynn Longenecker on Skype one evening when a movement behind him caught my eye.

It was a gorgeous little girl in pajamas and she was peering at me through the bars of a stairway banister. I don’t know if she thought I was Uncle Fester from the Addams Family or what, but she kept slinking down the steps to get a better look.

I turned my attention back to Lynn and before you know it, she was right beside him. So I said, “Are you supposed to be in bed?” Maria flashed a mischievous smile and nodded. Then, like a hawk on a rabbit, something flashed across the screen and Maria was gone. An instant later, she was in the background again and still smiling at me as her mother carried her up the stairs to bed.

I had helped Lynn join the EdTech master’s program five or so years ago, but this was my first introduction to his family. I mention all of this because when Lynn Longenecker graduated, he quit his teaching job and moved his family to Bolivia for a three-year stint of peace-building.

You’ve got to read how he used instructional design principles to curb ethic violence in Bolivia. The story is now available in the April edition of EdTech Faces. Find it at http://issuu.com/edtech-boisestate/docs/edtech_faces--edition_2 >.

No comments:

Post a Comment